Dr. Roizental is a Board Certified Vascular and Interventional Radiologist. Originally from Caracas, Venezuela, where he served as the Chief of Vascular & Interventional Radiology at Policlínica Metropolitana, and Fellowship Director. His experience in endovascular procedures spans over 15 years. In addition to his vast experience in a variety of arterial and venous therapies, his special interest and expertise in minimally invasive treatment for varicose veins and uterine fibroids, has pioneered the procedures of Endovenous Laser Ablation and Uterine Artery Embolization in Latin America since 1999.
- Dr. Roizental received his medical degree from the Universidad Central de Venezuela. He completed his radiology residency at Deaconess Hospital, Harvard Medical School where he served as chief resident, and his vascular and interventional radiology fellowship at the Miami Cardiac and Vascular Institute.
- He is renowned for his outstanding research on the endovascular management of vascular disease.
- He has conducted significant studies in this area at Harvard University, Baptist Cardiac & Vascular Institute, and the Universidad Central de Venezuela and Policlinica Metropolitana Caracas.
- He has written extensively and presented his findings at annual meetings for national and international societies. He is also a Fellow of the Society of Interventional Radiology and currently is a member of the Board of Directors of the Iberoamerican Society of Interventional Radiology SIDI.
Linda Anne Hughes, MD is a board certified Vascular and Interventional Radiologist with more than twenty years experience. She received her Medical Degree from Boston University and completed her Radiology Residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, where she served as Chief Resident. Dr Hughes, a native of Boston, came to South Florida in 1997 where she completed her Vascular and Interventional Radiology Fellowship at the Baptist Cardiac and Vascular Institute.
In 1998 Dr Hughes was hired to develop the Interventional Radiology Department at Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale, FL. She spent six years developing the program prior to being recruited to Memorial Healthcare System in Hollywood, FL. During her two year tenure there she was instrumental in furthering their Vascular and Interventional Radiology program, including opening the interventional lab at Memorial Miramar Hospital. In 2006, Dr Hughes then served two years as Chief of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at North Ridge Medical Center.
Dr Hughes spent ten years with Broward Health where she brought a broad wealth of knowledge and experience with regard to the most cutting edge technologies.
Dr Hughes has coauthored a number of publications in cardiovascular and interventional radiology including a textbook chapter on UFE. She is a member of a number of local and national societies including the Fort Lauderdale Caducean Medical Society and Fort Lauderdale Surgical Society.
With her dedication to providing excellent interventional services to South Florida, and as Unique Interventional Radiology (UIR) continues to expand services to the South Florida community, UIR is pleased to announce that in August 2018 Dr Hughes joined UIR serving as Medical Director for the Broward UIR Center.
“My patients and their best interest come first. I will never compromise my integrity under any circumstances whatsoever.”
Dr. Gómez-Jorge,did her Internship in general surgery and Radiology residency at the University of Miami, where she became a chief resident during her senior year.
She did a two –year fellowship at Johns Hopkins medical institutions in Baltimore in vascular and interventional radiology followed by Assistant Professorship at Georgetown University and the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
Upon returning to Miami, she joined the surgical group of Miami as the first interventional radiologist in the group of vascular surgeons. The group joined Radiology Associates of South Florida, a multidisciplinary group of interventional radiologists , vascular surgeons, and diagnostic radiologists . She then joined Intellirad Radiology group in July of 2013.
- She is also Board Certified in Integrative Medicine. Consequently, she offers a unique talent to the Practice of Interventional Radiology by addressing the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental influences that affect a patient’s health.
- Dr Gómez Jorge is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society, the American heart Association, and the Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology.
- She has received several research awards from the University of Miami, the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, and the American Heart Association.
- She has published multiple original articles and book chapters. And has been an article and book reviewer for the Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, the Journal of Obstetric and Gynecology, e-book chapters, and venous diseases.
- Her personal interests include developing medical models of preventive medicine sensitive to cultural differences, studying romance languages, and dancing.
“I have spent my entire career helping people, and that truly satisfies me.”
VASCULAR ACCESS COORDINATOR – VAMP PROGRAM
Terri Booth attended Radford University in Virginia. After Graduating College, she started her nursing career in Northern Virginia as a staff nurse in ICU and Renal medicine. She started her career in dialysis nursing as a Staff RN in an outpatient dialysis center in 1984. Terri has spent her entire career focused on helping people, especially historically marginalized populations, overcome challenges to improve their health and well being. Her primary focus has been on the end stage renal disease population where she has served as the Director of a Level 1 Hospital Trauma Centers’ nephrology program, as Administrator and Director of Nursing at outpatient dialysis centers and as transplant coordinator at a University Transplant Program.
Terri’s first love is patient and staff education. She served as Education Director of the Hemodialysis Education Program at Distinct Health Educational Center in Miami and as a Regional Director of Hemodialysis Education is Raleigh, NC and Roanoke, VA.